Sandwiches made with flatbread are a welcomed change from the standard – and pan-grilling them provides a tasty char to enrich smoky grilled peppers and onions, lean turkey breast, crunchy sprouts, and a daring, tasty sauce.
This recipe is nice for utilizing up leftover Thanksgiving turkey. However you may merely buy turkey tenders to sauté, bake, or grill and luxuriate in an off-the-cuff, gentle, and scrumptious meal any day of the yr.
Tip: Discover jars of floor recent horseradish within the refrigerated part of your market – it is not the creamy white stuff offered within the condiment aisle.
Observe: I used giant, barely rectangular flatbread on this recipe – two halved to create 4 sandwiches. For those who use smaller particular person flatbreads, merely skip the halving half Square Grill Pan with Stainless Steel Handle Induction B07CVH1S1Y.
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp floor recent horseradish
- 2 tsp honey
- sea salt
- freshly floor black pepper
- 1 medium pink bell pepper, sliced into skinny vertical strips
- half small onion, sliced into skinny vertical strips
- olive oil, for marinating and brushing
- 2 items of enormous flatbread, about eight inches at widest half
- eight skinny slices of cooked turkey breast (or sufficient skinny slices to cowl every sandwich half), delivered to room temperature, if refrigerated
- four skinny slices of muenster cheese (or different delicate, creamy cheese)
- 1 cup alfalfa sprouts
- Whisk the mustard, horseradish, and honey in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper and put aside.
- Mix the bell pepper and onion in a medium bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and toss to mix.
- Warmth a grill pan over medium-high warmth and brush with olive oil. Add the pepper and onion combination and grill, stirring steadily, till simply tender and starting to char, 5-6 minutes.
- Whereas the greens grill, lay the flatbread on a piece floor and slice each bit in half. Divide the horseradish-mustard sauce and unfold on 1 aspect of every half.
- Prime the sauce with 2 turkey slices every (or sufficient small slices to cowl). Divide the grilled pepper and onion on high of the turkey and lay 1 slice of cheese every on high of the greens.
- Divide the sprouts on high and fold the opposite sides of the flatbreads over the filling. Press gently to flatten.
- Re-heat the grill pan over medium warmth and brush with a little bit olive oil. Place 2 sandwiches within the pan and use a grill press or giant spatula to press down.